Monday 22 September 2008

flash player

There are two directory that are possible in

1.
http://dilettante.wordpress.com/2007/04/24/etch-from-scratch-installing-flash-player/
- .mozilla/firefox/userprofile and
- /usr/lib/iceweasel/plugins
Mine accepted by excluding ./plugins directory

2. http://www.debianhelp.org/node/3414
This provide a more complete explanation:
---
Hi all,

Flash Player 9 for Linux came out of beta yesterday. I had a little hiccup
installing it on my Etch box, so I thought I'd share my solution to spare
you the hiccup. I use Firefox version 1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.7-2.

The installer will ask "Please enter the installation path...", and when
you enter the correct path, /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox, it will complain:

WARNING: Please enter a valid installation path.

This is because it is looking for /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/components,
which does not exist (and which Flash does not apparently need). You can:

1. Create the directory. The installer will be happy.

or

2. Skip the (lame) installer and copy libflashplayer.so to
/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins yourself. (I haven't tried this.)

Good luck,

Reid
----

No comments:

Post a Comment